Sunday, August 17, 2008

Showing Paragraph-I am afraid of the dark-

For English we had to do a "Show don't tell" creative writing thing. i was rather happy with my work so i decided to publish it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I squeezed my eyes shut, trying desperately to block out the darkness that surrounded me. Curling up into a tight ball, I rolled over in my bed, wincing slightly as the springs dug into me, making me feel as if the darkness was scratching me with gnarled hands. I opened an eye into a slit, daring to risk a quick peek into the black surrounding me. I felt it swirling around me like a cold dark liquid, the ghouls in it waiting to swallow me up into an unknown evil dimension. I felt the chill of it bite into my neck, and i snuggled closer to the wall for even a slight shimmer of comfort. Even the wall seemed hostile, the deep colour washing over me, threatening to envelop me. I shivered, every single sound, even the soft creaks of the night, amplified by a hundredfold in my ears. My eyes flickered open and i sat straight up, warily casting quick glances around for the eerie presence i had felt. but the haunting darkness glared back at me, and i cowered under my sheets shuddering. I could feel the icy breath of demons in my ear. I could hear the shrieks of witches in billowing cloaks waiting to lunge down and shatter me. I could just see two clawed hands of the devil reaching out for my to pull me into the lonely fiery darkness of hell. I could feel the heavy dark blade piercing my beating heart and long sharpened fangs slitting my throat. The darkness is not meant to be, and I never want it to be, or even exist, because is am afraid of the dark.